[squid-users] kid1| WARNING: HTTP: Invalid Response: No object data received for

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Aug 16 16:57:32 UTC 2016

On 08/15/2016 06:46 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 16/08/2016 12:31 a.m., Yuri Voinov wrote:
>>
>> Maybe I'm not very well put. As I understand it, the AKA is the original
>> name, which does not work out quite correctly Store ID.
>>
>> Anyway, what caused this warning?
>
> That particular mesage means the server responded with no response
> object data. Even the HTTTP reply headers (if any were sent) were not
> complete.
>
> The AKA means the on-wire URL Squid is requesting from the server (sans
> the scheme name).

I suspect the letters "AKA" in this context mean "also known as". To
minimize confusion, the letters should not have been capitalized (the
canonical spelling is "a.k.a."), and Squid should not have printed two
identical URLs, but nobody bothered to polish the corresponding code yet.

The URL printed after the letters AKA may or may not be "on the wire"
HTTP request target URI actually sent to the server. There are several
transformations that may be applied to the printed URI before it is sent
to the server. In most cases, the differences do not matter though.