[squid-users] Squid cpu usage 100% from few days ago !!

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sun Aug 14 12:35:45 UTC 2016

On Sunday 14 August 2016 at 14:25:38, Omid Kosari wrote:

> Still could not find the app or url but the 2 server ip addresses are
> 149.202.92.139 and 173.236.187.17 .

The first does not respond on port 80 for me, and the second simply tells me
that it doesn't know which Dreamhost website I'm trying to access.

> TAG_NONE/400 24728 "Strange binary characters here"

I would agree with that description.

My guess is that something is sending non-HTTP data over connections to port
80 on the servers, therefore Squid can't handle it (because it's an HTTP
proxy).

I think you should be able to identify what the target URL / request being
made by the client application is, provided you can get at the earliest
entries in your log files for such a connection.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."

 - Steven Wright

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.