[squid-users] Is I can change my public ip-address by use squid proxy?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sun Aug 14 08:23:48 UTC 2016

On Sunday 14 August 2016 at 04:32:48, james82 wrote:

> Dear Athony,

I assume you mean me (my name is Antony)?

> in that tutorial multi ip addess, just all only local ip , not
> public ip, what is this mean?

It means the private IPs which are purely local to your network (and, frankly,
of no interest or use to anyone else) will be hidden from remote websites, but
that your public IP address assigned to you by your Internet Connectivity
Provider, will not be hidden.

> Can ou explain for me?

I doubt it.

> i want to use squid proxy to change my public ip addess,

Squid cannot do that.  You are trying to use the wrong tool for the job.

> like create a proxy ip in my computer.

That statement makes no sense to me.

Yuri and I have already pointed you at a project which we think will do what
you want: https://www.torproject.org/

Squid cannot hide your public IP address from remote websites.

Antony.

--
Archaeologists have found a previously-unknown dinosaur which seems to have
had a very large vocabulary.  They've named it Thesaurus.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.