[squid-users] Is I can change my public ip-address by use squid proxy?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sat Aug 13 18:04:08 UTC 2016

On Saturday 13 August 2016 at 18:54:14, james82 wrote:

> I want change my public ip-address to access some website by use squid
> proxy.

I won't even begin to ask why.

> Is I actually can do that?

You cannot.  Your public IP address is assigned to you by your Internet
Connectivity Provider, and there is no way for you to change it (or, if you
do, it will still be the current address assigned to you, and therefore
whoever is running the websites you want to hide yourself from can still find
out who you are).

> How to do that?

Yuri has just answered this, but I also just wanted to point out:

--
Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.