[squid-users] How can I complete this tutorial?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri Aug 12 15:32:49 UTC 2016

On Friday 12 August 2016 at 17:14:43, james82 wrote:

> i try to do this tutorial:
> https://www.linode.com/docs/networking/squid/squid-http-proxy-ubuntu-12-04.
> And here is my squid.conf file: pastebin.com/MnhK0ewx . can you tell me
> what line number for i add : acl client src 12.34.56.78, and what line
> number for: http_access allow client. please, i need this help. Please
> help me like this, just tell me the line number in my squid.conf that i
> will add that two thing. hug thank very much.

You are getting really annoying.

We ask you to post your squid.conf file here - you keep on putting it onto
pastebin.

We ask you to copy error messages into the body of your emails - you keep
sending us incomplete screenshots.

We suggest that you put the configuration lines you are trying to add to your
squid.conf immediately after the line which says "INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE
TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS" (which, to be honest, I think should be
self-explanatory in itself that that is where you should be putting them), and
you come back and ask multiple times "where do I put them?"

And by the way, I hope that the IP address 12.34.56.78 was just an example,
and isn't the real IP address of your client machine (or do you in fact work
for the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin,
which is who that IP address belongs to?).

Please show us any indication that you have attempted to do something for
yourself, rather than just asking us to create your squid.conf file for you.

If you are unable to follow guidance such as I wrote to you yesterday:

-----
My best guidance for you at the moment, though, is to look for the following
line in your squid.conf file:

# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS

and insert the lines your tutorial tells you add immediately after that.

Once you have done that, if you continue to encounter problems, please post
your resulting squid.conf file (without comments or blank lines) here and tell
us exactly what the problem was.  We may then be able to help further.
-----

then I'm not sure we are able to help you in any way at all.

Regards,

Antony.

--
I just got a new mobile phone, and I called it Titanic.  It's already syncing.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.