[squid-users] How can I complete this tutorial?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri Aug 12 14:41:52 UTC 2016

On Friday 12 August 2016 at 16:32:25, james82 wrote:

> my squid.conf file come from /etc/squid/squid.conf, is that right?

Yes, that is correct, however Amos has pointed out that the package maintainer
for Kali Linux appears to have put the wrong file in that location.

It will work, but that file has far more comments than usual / necessary, and
it makes it more difficult for us to help you, because it is not the standard
squid.conf we are used to dealing with.

However, if you were to follow the request that several people including
myself have made, and post here, in the body of an email, the contents of your
squid.conf without any comments or blank lines, then that would be a
manageable-sized file which we can discuss and assist you with (once, that is,
you have told us what it is you are trying to get Squid to do).

So, please take note of Yuri's comment that we do not need (or want)
screenshots of your computer every time you get an error message - copy and
paste the actual text itself into an email instead - and when we ask for
further information in order to be able to help you, tell us what we need.

For the time being, let us know what line 1193 of your squid.conf says.

Antony.

--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.

 - Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.