[squid-users] Transparent proxy and non-transparent proxy on the same squid.

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Aug 11 20:30:55 UTC 2016

On Thursday 11 August 2016 at 22:15:12, Daniel Reif wrote:

> There is any way to run squid in transparent mode and non-transparent
> mode in the same squid?

Yes - you define one listener on port 80 for the intercept traffic (which *must*
be redirected on the Squid box, so it must either be in the routing path from
your clients to the Interet, or else it must get policy-routed traffic from some
point in the default routing path), and another listener on port 3128 (or
whatever else you prefer) for the non-transparent traffic.

If you haven't found a suitable guide to let you combine the two, I suggest
you follow two guides, one for transparent procying, and one for direct
proxying, combine the two sets of directives, and then come back to us with
your squid.conf if you have any problems.

But yes, Squid can certainly do it.

Regards,

Antony.

--
If you were ploughing a field, which would you rather use - two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?

 - Seymour Cray, pioneer of supercomputing

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.