[squid-users] Inconsistent Cache Peer Selection in Accelerator mode - Squid 3.3.8

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Aug 11 18:31:27 UTC 2016

On Thursday 11 August 2016 at 20:25:04, Adam Vollrath wrote:

> Good afternoon! I'm configuring Squid 3.3.8 on Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS.  It's
> in reverse proxy mode and has some explicit peers specified.  My issue
> is that sometimes requests get forwarded to that specified peer, but
> sometimes squid just forwards directly itself.
>
> `squid.conf` has these lines:
>
> http_port 127.0.1.2:80 accel ignore-cc act-as-origin allow-direct

> Can I prevent it from forwarding requests directly?

I'm not an expert on reverse proxy mode, but do you think "allow-direct" might
be your problem?

That sounds to me as though you are telling Squid it is allowed to forward
requests directly, instead of having to rely on peers...

Antony.

--
Tinned food was developed for the British Navy in 1813.

The tin opener was not invented until 1858.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.