[squid-users] large downloads got interrupted

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Thu Aug 11 11:17:52 UTC 2016

Hi.

On 30.06.16 17:19, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Okay, I wasn't suggesting you post it here. Its likely to be too big for
> that.
>
> I would look for the messages about the large object, and its FD. Then,
> for anthing about why it was closed by Squid. Not sure what tha would be
> at this point though.
> There are some scripts in the Squid sources scripts/ directory that
> might help wade through the log. Or the grep tool.

I enabled logLevel 2 for all squid facilities, but so far I didn't
fugura out any pattern from log. The only thing I noticed - is that for
large download the Recv-Q value reported by the netstat for a particular
squid-to-server connection is extremely high, so is the Send-Q value for
a connection from squid to client. I don't know if it's a cause or a
consequence, but from my point of view this may indicate that buffers
are overflown for some reason, I think this may cause, in turn, RSTs and
connection closing - am I right ?. I still don't know whether it's a
squid fault of may be it's local OS misconfiguration.

Eugene.