[squid-users] how can I coplete this squid tutorial?

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Aug 11 01:55:19 UTC 2016

Hey james,

We can try to help you but I couldn't understand your question.
The squid.conf file by default contains a limited set of configuration lines since others are bound to the default.
You can see the full list of options in the squid.conf.documented.
Depends on your OS version you will be able to access the file on different locations in the file system.
The configuration that are mentioned in the document\tutorial are specific and some of then will not appear in the default squid.conf directly but can be added manually.
What OS are you using?
What are you trying to achieve? Basic caching or filtering or just access control?

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator