[squid-users] squid 3.3.8 https (Yuri Voinov)

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Aug 11 01:50:16 UTC 2016

There are couple ways to do so but your speed issues are probably not from access to the domains in the logs:
www.youtube.com

You will need to "slow" down domains such as:
r7---sn-nhpax-ua8s.googlevideo.com

You don't need squid for that but you would be able to track the relevant IP addresses to limit access towards.
I can write a log "follower" script that will update an IPTSET iptables target.
Do you have any experience with CentOS QOS or rate limiting?

I will be able to write the script only next week if it will help you.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator