[squid-users] Squid performance not able to drive a 1Gbps internet link

Heiler Bemerguy heiler.bemerguy at cinbesa.com.br
Thu Aug 4 13:08:06 UTC 2016

Sorry Amos, but I've tested with modifying JUST these two sysctl
parameters and the difference is huge.

Without maximum tcp buffers set to 8MB, I got a 110KB/s download speed,
and with a 8MB kernel buffer I got a 9.5MB/s download speed (via squid,
of course).

I think it has to do with the TCP maximum Window Size, the kernel can
set on a connection.

--
Best Regards,

Heiler Bemerguy