[squid-users] Need help with Squid on Windows

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 14:57:29 UTC 2016

Raf,

I can confirm - perl helpers (I've tried to use store-ID with Active
Perl) does not work with Win version of Squid. I've tried to configure
it several times. Without success. With the same symptoms.

WBR, Yuri

23.04.16 18:26, Rafael Akchurin пишет:
> Hello Jason, Amos, all,
>
> Possibly the issue can be related to Squid being compiled with Cygwin
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-03/msg00302.html, I'm not sure whether
this issue with standard output has been fixed in the current Cygwin.

> One of the workarounds that could possibly work is to install Cygwin
and build squid yourself as described here:
http://docs.diladele.com/tutorials/build_squid_windows/index.html, this
should start helpers from Cygwin terminal instead of cmd.

for Squid proxy at http://www.diladele.com.

On Behalf Of Amos Jeffries
> Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2016 5:42 AM
> To: squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Need help with Squid on Windows
>
> On 23/04/2016 3:09 a.m., Jason Spegal wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I need help with an issue that is now beyond me. I've installed squid
>> 3.5.16 (From: http://squid.diladele.com/) on my Windows 10 laptop, and
>> I'm trying to enable the URL Rewrite helpers that I wrote in perl for
>> my linux server. I've already done the necessary adjustments to them
>> to make them work on windows. Running them directly seems to be fine,
>> however when squid runs them they fail to execute. I've gotten as far
>> as finding out perl is executing okay, however the script is not. I am
>> unable to figure out how to debug it further. Running squid with full
>> debugging (squid.exe -N -X -d 7) did not produce any significant
>> information as to why they were not executing.
>
> You usually need to enable debugging in the helper itself to get that.
> Squid only knows that the helper died on startup.
>

>> My linux server is
>> running squid 3.5.11 and is not having any issues with the helpers.
>> The very first thing the helpers do is open a log file and write an
>> initialization statement to it. I'm not seeing this when squid tried
>> to execute it, so I'm fairly certain it has something to do with the
>> execution of the script rather than a problem with the script itself.
>> I've also examined the permissions, and those should be good.
>>

> FWIW: Nothing has changed inside Squid for helpers between those two
releases.

>> Thanks in advance for the help.
>>
>> --Jason
>>

>> squid.conf
>> url_rewrite_program /cygdrive/c/strawberry/perl/bin/perl.exe
>> C:\Squid\etc\squid\filtered_sites\squidRed.pl
>> url_rewrite_children 100 startup=10 idle=1 concurrency=10
>> url_rewrite_access allow all url_rewrite_bypass off
>>

>> Also tried url_rewrite_program
>> /cygdrive/c/squid/etc/squid/filtered_sites/squidRed.pl
>>

>> cache.log
>> Squid Cache (Version 3.5.16): Terminated abnormally.
>
> Maybe something left over from this previous aborted Squid instance
and its helpers that kills the next one to start?