[squid-users] High CPU Usage with ssl_bump

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Apr 22 10:45:57 UTC 2016

On 22/04/2016 8:23 p.m., Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> Sure, I am really struggling to understand this. I would like to serve
> error pages. A complete example of this would really help. I am thinking,
> based on the two templates you gave and going with the one where squid
> intrudes, that it could be like below, but to be honest I am not sure so
> kindly correct me.
>

> acl time_wastage_sites_ssl ssl::server_name .facebook.com .youtube.com
> ssl_bump splice time_wastage_sites_ssl
> ssl_bump stare all
> ssl_bump bump all
> http_access allow time_wastage_sites_ssl privileged-staff
> http_access allow time_wastage_sites_ssl privileged-clients
> http_access allow time_wastage_sites_ssl TIMElunch
> http_access allow time_wastage_sites_ssl TIMEafterhoursAFT
> http_access allow time_wastage_sites_ssl TIMEafterhoursMORN
> http_access allow time_wastage_sites_ssl TIMEsatALLDAY
> http_access allow time_wastage_sites_ssl TIMEsundALLDAY
> http_access deny  time_wastage_sites_ssl

In a file called "/etc/squid/tws":
.facebook.com
.youtube.com

squid.conf:
 acl time_wastage_sites_ssl  ssl::server_name "/etc/squid/tws"
 acl time_wastage_sites_http dstdomain        "/etc/squid/tws"

 acl privileged_traffic any-of \
    privileged-staff privileged-clients \
    TIMElunch TIMEafterhoursAFT TIMEafterhoursMORN \
    TIMEsatALLDAY TIMEsundALLDAY

 http_access allow privileged_traffic
 http_access deny time_wastage_sites_http

 ssl_bump splice privileged_traffic time_wastage_sites_ssl
 ssl_bump stare all
 ssl_bump bump all

You can probably merge the TIME* ACLs down as well like:
  # lunch
  acl okay_times time ...
  # afterhours PM
  acl okay_times time ...