[squid-users] Extraneous question regarding SSL interception

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Apr 21 21:53:39 UTC 2016

On Thursday 21 April 2016 at 22:53:35, Alex Rousskov wrote a good explanation
of SSL bumping.

> On 04/21/2016 02:22 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
> > Forgive me if this is answered in the documentation somewhere (but please
> > point me at it if so, because I haven't been able to find it), but where
> > do the terms "bump", "peek", "splice" and "stare" come from?

Thank you greatly for your answer to that.

Any chance of getting it added to the Squid documentation for newbies, so they
have a better concept of what these terms mean and where they apply?

Antony.

--
I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way
is to make it so simple that there are _obviously_ no deficiencies, and the

 - C A R Hoare

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.