[squid-users] Never expire any object Squid configuration

Veiko Kukk vkukk at xvidservices.com
Wed Apr 20 07:24:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have a Squid between our server application and openstack swift
backend in accel/reverse mode with store-id configuraton (to strip
temporary authentication URL-s). We want that any object that has been
stored in squid cache is never again fetched from source and never again
checked if it is fresh. Well, never in this case could be one year.

Relevant section from current configuration:

refresh_pattern -i ^https:\/\/AUTH_.*squid.internal.* 526000 100% 526000
override-expire ignore-reload ignore-no-store ignore-private store-stale
max-stale=52

With this configuration, we still see lots of TCP_REFRESH_MODIFIED/200
TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED/200 and TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED/304 in logs.

How must Squid be configured to completely disable any refreshes? Those
objects never change after they have been created and we only want them
to be pushed out from cache by cache replacement policy.

I read from old post
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/201108/0029.html that
if client requests object without etag and server sends with etag, then
Squid fetches object again. How to disable this?

Best regards,
Veiko