[squid-users] Squid 3.5 no traffic saving

Muhammad Faisal faisalusuf at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 07:51:30 UTC 2016

Hi Amos,
The regression is fixed in the latest snapshot?
--
Regards,
Faisal.

On 9/04/2016 9:06 p.m., Muhammad Faisal wrote:
 > Hi,
 > I have deployed squid 3.5.16 as transparent proxy. I'm using squid
store
 > ID help for CDN content caching despite all efforts i dont see any
 > traffic saving on upstream. From access logs most of the content is
 > generating from CDNs streaming videos and downloads which always comes
 > from destination despite using Store-ID helper.
 >
 > If someone has deployed and have working configs please help me out.

see my answre to johnzeng yesterday about ORIGINAL_DST and caching.

There is also a regression bug (#4481) in 3.5.16 which prevents Vary
caching properly. The patch for that just went into 3.5 so will be fixed
in tomorrows snapshot (r14022 or later).

Amos