[squid-users] FATAL: Ipc::Mem::Segment::create failed to shm_open(/squid-cf__metadata.shm): (13) Permission denied

amadaan amadaan at ncsu.edu
Mon Apr 11 19:11:25 UTC 2016

So I actually dig deeper into this issue and found stack traced error of
squid: ERROR: Could not read pid file
	/var/run/squid.pid: (13) Permission denied

Tried one of the responses from one of the forums. Saying the issue is with
SELinux being enabled.
I disabled that and it worked fine after that.

But that means I am removing security from my system. Now this awesome blog
tells me how to add policy rules to allow your new software to run when
SELinux is enabled.

http://sharadchhetri.com/2014/03/07/selinux-squid-service-failed-startrestart/

Quite helpful but not sure if that is real solution. Can any changes be done
on squid end to ignore above steps . Any suggestions on this will be of
help.

Thanks