[squid-users] Squid Queries

Supriya Prasad supriyaprasad32 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 04:53:01 UTC 2016

Hi Team,

I had some queries regarding the squid configuration:

We are using squid as a cache for our CWS proxy. As we are aware of the
max-forwards header, it decrements as it goes through each of the
proxies.Currently, our CWS proxy and squid both decrement the max forwards
header value when processing options requests. So if we send a max-forwards
header of 5 from the client side, by the time is comes out of squid it
shows 3. However as our proxy and squid is seen as 1 entity, we want the
decrement to happen only once.

I went through a number of squid documentation and nowhere it mentions how
to disable the max forward header from decrementing on squid. Could you
please let us know what is to be done?

Thanks and Regards,

Supriya