[squid-users] Squid 3.5.16 and vary loop objects (bug ?)

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Apr 5 00:35:37 UTC 2016

On 5/04/2016 2:44 a.m., FredB wrote:

>> Thanks I will test, I confirm the problem still present after a while
>> Eg: this object seems never cleaned/fixed from cache
>>

> No more success with fresh cache, after 5 minutes the messages appears again and again
> Joe is right there is a bug somewhere

The only Vary related change between .15 and .16 was the CVE fix
<www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.5/changesets/squid-3.5-14016.patch>.

I am suspicious of the +1 being added in src/store_swapmeta.cc. There is
a TODO next to it. Would you mind trying without it?

I expect the cache will need clearing to make that change operate
properly after the change. But if it is the problem the loops should not
return like they do now.