[squid-users] Squid 3.5.9 RPM are available

Veiko Kukk vkukk at xvidservices.com
Wed Sep 30 15:27:38 UTC 2015

On 29/09/15 16:59, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> I am not a SELINUX expert but something might be wrong on your system
> settings or permissions.
> What OS exactly are you using? What version of CentOS?

I'm sorry, should have provided operating system version with my first
post. It is CentOS 6.7 with latest updates.

Sure, when changing selinux to permissive mode, it works. I have not had
time meanwhile to find out what are the required minimal selinux changes
required, probably allowing squid to write to /dev/shm.
Squid 3.5 writes three files to /dev/shm

-rw-------. 1 squid squid    8 Sep 29 13:52 squid-cf__metadata.shm
-rw-------. 1 squid squid 8216 Sep 29 13:52 squid-cf__queues.shm
-rw-------. 1 squid squid   44 Sep 29 13:52 squid-cf__readers.shm

I just thought that if squid rpm is created for specific os version, it
would include required changes to selinux rules to successfully run it.

Veiko