[squid-users] warning store.cc

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Sep 30 09:55:13 UTC 2015

On 30/09/2015 3:31 a.m., N V wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm using squid 3.4.8 and i'm seeing many warnings in the cache.log like
> this:
>
> kid1| WARNING: store.cc:601: found KEY_PRIVATE
>
> I can't found anything similar in the web , any ideas?

Interesting. Not one I've seen come up before in my time with the project.

KEY_PRIVATE means the object has been restricted for use only by a
single client.

The warning seems to mean the object is having its last reference by the
client unlocked, but is not going to be released from memory (or cache)
like it should be for KEY_PRIVATE objects.

Are you able to upgrade?