[squid-users] analyzing cache in and out files

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Tue Sep 29 16:57:58 UTC 2015

Em 29/09/15 10:46, Matus UHLAR - fantomas escreveu:

> hmm, when did this change?
> IIRC that was big problem since updates use huge files and fetch only
> parts
> of them, which squid wasn't able to cache.
> But i'm off for a few years, maybe M$ finally fixed that up...

     i'm not a squid expert, but it seems that things became much easier
when squid becames fully HTTP/1.1 compliant.

     Caching huge files do not changed, that's needed for caching
Windows Update files. Storage space, however, is becaming cheaper every
year. In my setup, for example, i'm caching files up to 500Mb, i have
absolutely no intention of caching ALL Windows Update files.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br