[squid-users] How to avoid Squid disclosing the origin server IP when there is an error

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sat Sep 26 22:38:27 UTC 2015

Hey Manuel,

The reason the client receives the destination IP or other details is
due to the structure of the ERROR page.
Depends on your OS you can find the ERROR page file and modify it so the
format will meet your requirements.
You can take a look at the wiki about custom error pages:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CustomErrors

and specifically you will might need to change\remove the "%I" from the
template.
Or if you are willing to write a custom error page which is different
from the squid defaults to meet your site visual structure.

All The Bests,
Eliezer