[squid-users] How to avoid Squid disclosing the origin server IP when there is an error

Manuel manuelfgarcia at reconmail.com
Sat Sep 26 11:48:19 UTC 2015

When Squid -even as a reverse proxy (which is my concern)- can not retrieve
the requested URL, it dicloses the IP address of the server trying to
contact with. Is there any way to hide that IP address to the public for
security reasons?

Example of the error message I am referring to:
"The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.domainame.com/

The following error was encountered:

* Connection to 127.0.0.1 Failed

The system returned:

(110) Connection timed out

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is @
Generated Sat, 26 Sep 2015 01:18:48 GMT"

Cheers