[squid-users] AUFS vs. DISKS

FredT vdoctor at neuf.fr
Wed Sep 23 12:48:35 UTC 2015

Fred,
We now have the 3.5.8 deployed with our clients, not yet switched to the
3.5.9...
"strange" messages are not a problem because i suspect it's generated by the
cache_swap_low/high, cleaning old objects.
I suppose the Squid cleans old objects but another squid process does not
take care this cleaning and see the (deleted) object does not exist anymore
so it alerts there is something wrong...
Personaly i do not take care these warning messages from the cache.log as
squid is smart enough to manage missing objects.

Based on previous answers, diskd is for freebsd with 1 process only, when
the ufs/aufs are with many processes.
Also, as you said, it seems the diskd process was modified with the latest
builds...

bye Fred