[squid-users] Squid with AD - missing libraries

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Sep 22 13:18:07 UTC 2015

On 22/09/2015 11:52 p.m., Verónica Ovando wrote:
> Hi everybody, I am newbie with Squid3. I am trying to integrate my
> squid con with Active Directory. Squid works well in non-transparent
> mode. I followed this tutorial:
> http://wiki.bitbinary.com/index.php/Active_Directory_Integrated_Squid_Proxy#Authentication
> for the set up.I need to authenticate clients not authenticated via
> Kerberos and users authenticated in the AD. I installed squid3 and
> ldap-utils from repositories (over Debian Jessie), but i can´t find
> some libraries such as /usr/lib/squid3/squid_ldap_group and
> /usr/lib/squid3/squid_ldap_auth. They are not in the expected
> directories.

The tutorial is apparently for a very old Squid version. The helpers
(programs and scripts, not libraries) were renamed some years ago back
in Squid-3.2.

see <http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.2/RELEASENOTES.html#ss2.6>
for a list of the old vs new names and what the helper does.

It was just a rename, they should still work the same with only a small
amount of bug fixes you would expect to see with simple tools.