[squid-users] Is it possible to send the connection, starting with the CONNECT, to cache-peer?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Sep 21 18:13:33 UTC 2015

On 22/09/2015 6:00 a.m., Yuri Voinov wrote:

> Can't understand, why it is not work.
>
> Tor Browser works ok itself.
>
> The similar config via Squid 3.5.7+Privoxy - don't.
>
> CONNECT to torproject.org:443 goes directly, whenever config changes.

I suspect some detail is being removed during the relay.

Which makes me wonder why it is so important to send CONNECT via privoxy
in the first place. The HTTP headers and such on the CONNECT which
privoxy strips away are never sent externally anyway, they stop at the
proxy gateway which receives and enacts the CONNECT. That may be your
Squid or privoxy itself.