[squid-users] Squid not following 302

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Sep 21 11:08:39 UTC 2015

On 21/09/2015 9:20 p.m., Ashish Mukherjee wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Squid does not follow 302 and sends back the 302 header to the client. I am
> aware it is so as it would be bad to hide the ultimate url from the client
> and for reasons of cache poisoning etc.

Then why do you expect Squid would be allowed to be configured to do that?

Besides the corruption problems 302 messages contain a payload/body
which some clients need to display and/or process instead of the
Location header.

> However, I have a scenario where I need to implement a proxy browsing
> pattern for a controlled audience such that I would like Squid to follow
> redirections. How can I configure Squid to do so?

You would need a ICAP or eCAP RESPMOD adaptor to do that. Since you are
requesting whole-message adaptation.

PS. any server which is fooled by the behaviour you are trying to
achieve is violating the HTTP requirenment:
"
   server MUST NOT assume that two requests on the same connection are
   from the same user agent
"