[squid-users] redirect directly to error page

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Sep 15 17:14:31 UTC 2015

On 15.09.15 21:50, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>By the time the URL-rewrite helper lookup is sent the access controls
>have already determined that the request access is *accepted* and
>*allowed*. It is even almost finished being processed. Far too late to
>deny it.
>
>The right way to perform access authorization is with the http_access or
>adapted_http_access rules. That is also the only way to *generate*
>ERR_ACCESS_DENIED.

doesn't adapted_http_access apply for redirected pages?
I thouhght I could use it for denying access just as in http_access...

>Those rules have an external_acl_type helper interface for performing
>helper lookups and dont need any fancy trickery with URLs or web
>servers. deny_info is provided for presenting custom pages (or HTTP
>redirect URLs) from any ACL results.
>
>And yes, doing it the right way will work with CONNECT too. In so far as
>Squid output is concerned anyway. The popular browsers are still
>refusing to honour any kind of non-200 response from proxies.

do you know any not home-brew software that uses this feature?
I'd prefer something that is already packaged in debian, but unfortunately
only squidguard and similar.
maybe should use c_icap and urlcheck feature, but that one seems be a level
harder to configure/understand...
Honk if you love peace and quiet.