[squid-users] Squid reverse proxy with SSL bump

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Sep 8 20:14:49 UTC 2015

On 09/08/2015 01:33 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 8/09/2015 6:45 p.m., joseph jose wrote:
>> Is it possible to configure a squid reverse proxy with SSL-bump enabled?

> The concept does not make any sense.
>  * accel / revers-proxy traffic is destined to and terminated by the proxy.
>  * ssl-bump is a pile of trickery and hacks to intercept traffic
> destined to somewhere else.

Since CONNECT requests are not limited to forward proxies, an origin
server (or a reverse proxy) might receive a CONNECT request. When a
reverse proxy receives a CONNECT request, it might decide to bump it.
Thus, the combination makes sense in some esoteric environments.

I do not know whether Squid supports and Joseph is dealing with such an
environment.