[squid-users] Does squid's icap client support X-Server-IP in ICAP header ?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Sep 8 05:26:00 UTC 2015

On 09/07/2015 10:08 PM, Hsuan Yu wrote:

> I didn't see relevant icap config options in squid.conf to carry
> X-Server-IP in ICAP header

Squid currently has built-in support for X-Client-IP, not X-Server-IP.

> So I tried to use adaptation_meta X-Server-IP: "%<a" in squid
> 3.5.8/squid 4.x
>
> but not working, I only got the result like following:

In REQMOD, this is expected because %<a is the IP address of the last
server or peer connection (and there may be no origin server or peer
connection at REQMOD time).

In RESPMOD, this may indicate a bug or lack of support for that %code.
If you are using RESPMOD, do other, simpler %codes like %ts work in your
adaptation_meta configuration? Please quote your exact adaptation_meta
configuration line, just in case.

HTH,