[squid-users] Building squid | Best Practices?

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Sep 7 22:10:43 UTC 2015

Hey Howard,

I forgot to mention that squid uses the directory "/var/run/squid" as
the IPC directory which should be owned by the proxy or squid
user(depends on the OS).
 From what you have mentioned squid tries to access some directory and
is getting denied by permissions.
Please Don't run squid with a "-n" option if possible, it will limit
your options to using only one worker(which is the default and is OK in
most basic cases).
Try to take advantage of the cache.log file to get the relevant
information about an issue.
I am recommending it since squid is designed to run in a "daemon" like
mode and in most cases this is how it is defined.

Eliezer