[squid-users] Building squid | Best Practices?

Howard Waterfall hwaterfall at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 21:57:45 UTC 2015

Thanks Eliezer.

Looking at my notes, I'm pretty sure that:

*apt-get build-dep squid*

was a typo and I actually did

*apt-get build-dep squid3*

Is there something in the output I provided that confirms it's actually
squid and not squid3? It built OK...

I enabled deb-src because when I did:

*apt-get build-dep squid3*

I got:

*You must put some 'source' uris in your sources.list*

In the meantime, I'll purge and try again and follow your wiki a little
more closely.

Cheers,
Howard