[squid-users] Bug in the squid snmp

FredT vdoctor at neuf.fr
Sun Sep 6 08:20:23 UTC 2015

Hi Amos,

So what ?
I noticed it's a  32 bit integer <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/32-bit>
with a "4,294,967,295" limit in unsigned but it cannot be an excuse to
provide a wrong number...
The squidclient displays the right value but as the same value from the snmp
is an unsigned so here it's allowed to truncate the value ? does not make
sense...

What's the right way: respect the unsigned int limit or display the right
value ?
>From my side I suppose the right way is to display the right value, so I
think you should fix the snmp with the right types to provide the reality

Does it make sense for you too ?

Bye Fred