[squid-users] restriction of sites to a subnet

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Sep 3 00:49:41 UTC 2015

On 3/09/2015 7:48 a.m., jake driscoll wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the reply Amos.
> I tried the following:
>
> acl station-ip src 192.168.1.0/24
> acl station-domain dstdomain /usr/local/squid/station-domain.acl
> http_access allow  station-ip station-domain
> http_access deny kiosk-ip
>
> This order of rules only denies everything instead of allowing atleast
> domains in station-domain.acl

No. Something else is. No 'allow' rule will ever deny anything.

> My requirement is that everyone in that subnet should be able to access
> domains in station-domain.acl only. Sites outside the list have to be
> blocked for them.

If you want any more help than that what I have given, you are going to
have to supply substantial details about the situation;

* the full squid.conf (elided cachemgr_passwd if your have one, and
minimal comment lines)

* the access log lines resulting from some test transactions you are
having trouble with

* any cache.log content that appears during those tests