[squid-users] winbind interface

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Wed Sep 2 07:10:10 UTC 2015

# #######
# Negotiate
# #######

# http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Authentication
# http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/NegotiateAuthentication
auth_param negotiate program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=gss-spnego --configfile /etc/samba/smb.conf-squid
auth_param negotiate children 10 startup=0 idle=1
auth_param negotiate keep_alive on

# #######
# NTLM AUTH
# #######

# ntlm auth
auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp --configfile /etc/samba/smb.conf-squid
auth_param ntlm children 10
#auth_param ntlm children 10 startup=0 idle=1
#auth_param ntlm keep_alive

# #######
# NTLM over basic
# #######

# warning: basic authentication sends passwords plaintext
# a network sniffer can and will discover passwords
auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic --configfile /etc/samba/smb.conf-squid
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours