[squid-users] winbind interface

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Sep 2 01:15:51 UTC 2015

On 2/09/2015 11:50 a.m., Alex Samad wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have squid setup to use
> NTLM and then faill back to basic.
>
> when it fails back to basic, my user put in
>
> firstname.surname at a.b.c  which fails.
>
> if they put in firstname.surname it works
>
> is there some way to get squid to strip off the @<.*>

That depends on which helper you are using to validate the Basic auth
credentials. The ones which support it do so via a command line
parameter. So check our helpers documentation to see if one exists to
strip Kerberos/NTLM/Domain.

Otherwise you can always script a helper for yourself.

> also is there some way to change the info in the dialogue box that pops up

The only controllable part of the popup dialog is the Realm value. Set
by the auth_param directives "realm" parameter.

IIRC the realm is usually turned into the title bar, though some
browsers show it in quotes in the text. The form and display of the
popup is fixed and not manipulatable by any external server for security
reasons that should be obvious.