[squid-users] CACHE partition fills up

Jasper Van Der Westhuizen jvdwesthuiz at shoprite.co.za
Tue Sep 1 14:35:39 UTC 2015

Good day everyone

I have a problem with my Squid proxy cache. On two occasions over the last week the cache partitions have filled up to 100%. I have 4 load balanced nodes with 100GB cache partitions each. All of them have filled up.

I tried to limit the size by using the following cache_dir directive.

cache_dir ufs /var/cache/squid/ 61440 128 512

I have had a very large increase in traffic over the last couple of months, but surely the configuration above should prevent the cache from filling up?

--
Kind Regards
Jasper

Disclaimer: