[squid-users] Strange Interaction between Squid and Facebook

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Oct 29 20:54:02 UTC 2015

Hey Patrick,

Choosing CentOS 7.1 is a great choice.
First thing is to let you know I am packaging squid RPMs for CentOS 7
and since the next version of squid(3.5.11) will be out in a few days it
will be published later next month.

About the issue itself.
Couple questions?
Are you running\using ssl-bump or not?
When a client request is being aborted what do you see in the squid
access.log?
 From what I know facebook works in HTTPS and an abort can be mainly
because of a network issue or application level issue.
Since I am working with squid 3.5.10 and I do not have this issue with
ssl-bump ON or OFF it is unclear what is causing the issue.

I couldn't understand how you ran the tests.
I do understand that you have two proxies and one is peering to the
other, right?

Thanks,
Eliezer