[squid-users] "NF getsockopt(SO_ORIGINAL_DST)" filling cache.log due to AWS ELB healthchecks

John Smith burnncrashnow at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:08:36 UTC 2015

Hi Amos and Eliezer,

My complete squid.conf is in the first post.  The 'interesting' parts are
here:

acl httpacl port 80
acl SSL_ports port 443

http_port 3128 intercept

cache_peer l2proxy  parent 80 0 no-query no-digest name=http_peer
cache_peer_access http_peer allow httpacl
cache_peer l2proxy parent 3129 0 no-query no-digest name=https_peer
cache_peer_access https_peer deny httpacl
never_direct allow all

We have 2 layers of proxies for business reasons.
The proxies in question are the first layer, they redirect all traffic to a
second layer of proxies - l2proxy above
http traffic goes out port 80, https traffic goes out port 3129, toward the
second layer of proxies.
I assume the 'intercept' is what allows / forces the incoming traffic from
3128 to go on to the 2nd layer of proxies.
When I remove 'intercept', the second layer of proxies never get called as
we need them to be.

We don't need squid to do NAT, but we do need it to forward to the second
layer of proxies.
Things are now working as expected, I'm just trying to reduce the noise in
the logs and would clearly welcome any suggestions for improvements.

Thanks again,
John