[squid-users] Host header forgery detected after upgrade from 3.5.8 to 3.5.9

Dan Charlesworth dan at getbusi.com
Thu Oct 29 00:16:07 UTC 2015

It looks like there’s certain hosts that are designed to load balance (or something) between a few IPs, regardless of geography.

For example pbs.twimg.com resolves to wildcard.twimg.com which returns two different IPs each time, from a pool of 5–6, at random. Basically rolling the dice whether the client and the proxy are going to get the same IPs at the same time.

What is one to do about that?