[squid-users] SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert certificate unknown

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 10:35:35 UTC 2015

Hi gents.

I think, all of you who use Bump, seen much this messages in your cache.log.

SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert certificate unknown

AFAIK, no way to identify which CA is absent in your setup.

I propose to consider the following questions: how do properly support
SSL proxy, if you can not identify the problem certificates? Telepaths
sunbathing in Bali. The procedure, which currently can not quickly and
in any way to effectively determine such a certificate.

At the moment, the situation is as follows. SSL library - a thing in
itself, it runs by itself and does not write any logs. Squid - itself
and any useful information on the library does not receive but obscure
diagnostic messages. The possibility in any way specify the SSL library
diagnostic messages we have, and, as I understand it, will not.

So, any ideas?

WBR, Yuri