[squid-users] Cache everything for 15 minutes - nothing more or less (offline_mode + refresh_pattern?)

Kris Linquist kris at linquist.net
Tue Oct 27 00:57:59 UTC 2015

I’ve got a bunch of services connecting to third party APIs.  Many of these APIs register hits even if squid reaches out to the service to check the HTTP headers (I verified that  hits with the log  TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED/200  are being counted against me with the third party service).

offline_mode on  seems to never return fresh results, no matter what my refresh_pattern is.   I want fresh results every 15 minutes, otherwise return HIT from memory and don’t reach out.  Is this possible?    Perhaps I just haven’t found the right combination of refresh_pattern options.

Thanks,
Kris