[squid-users] Access regulation with multiple outgoing IPs

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Oct 26 02:47:59 UTC 2015

On 26/10/2015 4:28 a.m., rudi wrote:
> Hey Amos,
>
> thank you very much for your very helpful information. Now i have an access
> control an SSL is fixed too but i had to add port 80 as SSL port to use the
> proxies as https proxy in proxifier.
>
> One more question. Now i can use the proxies from
> 193.xxx.xxx.x1/255.255.255.xxx. But if i want to use the proxies from a
> virtual machine i can not get access to them. I tried different Ips. Do you
> know what IPs or information i have to add to the acl on top  to get the VMs
> working? Thank you so much!

These do not seem right:

The clients are on network 193
> acl localnet src 193.xxx.xxx.x1/255.255.255.xxx

But Squid is listening and sending with network 178.

> http_port 178.xxx.xxx.x3:3129 name=3129
> acl vm3129 myportname 3129
> tcp_outgoing_address 178.xxx.xxx.x3 vm3129

Hopefully that is enough to resolve your issue. I can't help any further
without the numbers which you are eliding and a lot more details about
the network topology configuration.

PS. Squid uses modern CIDR subnet masks, not the 1970's netmask format.
If the xxx mask bit does not exactly match a CIDR mask it will be mapped
by dropping/0-ing the rightmost mask bits until it does.