[squid-users] delay pools question

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Sun Oct 25 23:48:30 UTC 2015

HI

I have had a look at http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/DelayPools

Wondering if somebody can maybe explain how it rate limits downloads.

So I can understand it would be able to limit proxy to client traffic
as squid is the sender and can limit how it sends.

But if I want to limit speed from say microsoft.com to the
organisation how does it organise that.

My limited understanding is you make a request of the ms web servers
and then they send it as fast as they can.

The only way I can think of it happening is slowing the TCP ACK's.  Or
does squid make request for partial ranges of files such as to fit in
the speed requirements.