[squid-users] TPROXY and IPv6 issues CentOS 7

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Oct 24 03:40:36 UTC 2015

On 24/10/2015 9:02 a.m., James White wrote:
> I'm literally stumped at this point. The fact TPROXY is working for
> IPv4 indicates that I have the necessary setup in place for TPROXY to
> at least work, but IPv6 not working is a mystery. Like I said the
> Squid box is fully IPv6 capable and clients connecting via 3128 have a
> working IPv6 setup.
>
> I maybe should of mentioned that the server Squid is running on is a
> HP Microserver Gen8 it does have multiple NICs, but only eno1 is in
> use, eno2 is disabled. I'm pretty sure there is some form of routing
> issue at the Squid box, but I've read every bit of information about
> TPROXY with IPv6 and I cannot see where I have done something wrong.
> Reading many articles on the subject they all hint at the same routing
> and ip6tables rules that I am using currently.
>
> I've tried using the loopback interface and eno1 (main LAN interface)
> and they both yield the same results for IPv6 connectivity.
>
> I hope someone can chime in with some additional
> troubleshooting/debugging steps, because I literally have no idea now!

Wish I could give some better help. But there have been a few situations
where people have ended up in the same mystery situation with TPROXY and
one of us found a solution yet. That was usually on Debian/Ubuntu
systems though. Whatever the bug was did seem to get fixed in more
recent kernels for them.