[squid-users] [Squid 4.x]: Truncated accounts when there is spaces in usernames

David Touzeau david at articatech.com
Sat Oct 24 00:29:12 UTC 2015

Hi all.

I'm testing squid 4.x with Active Directory connection.

When there are spaces in logged accounts eg : "Jhon Rambo" squid use
only the last string in logon user "Rambo".

This corrupted account is used in all ACLS and events too and all acls
matches Rambo and not "Jhon Rambo"

This behavior can be replicated in Squid 3.5x branchs too and be
replicated in both LDAP/NTLM methods.

* * It should be a security issue and an issue according governments
laws * *

1) If we create acls for the account "Rambo" that is - an another person
- of "Jhon Rambo" , Jhon Rambo aka "Rambo" for squid use the same ACLs
as "Rambo" account.
2) In Europe we must keep Squid logs for the police during 1 year
according Justice needs. This corruption break logs validity according
Squid did not reflect the real connected username.

How to fix it ?

Best regards