[squid-users] normal squid , can we cahce fcebook vidoes ?

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Oct 19 22:06:45 UTC 2015

This post was just in place since I wanted to add a section to the
StoreID wiki.

StoreID is great but it gives a limited functionality.
Any site that present ETAG in the response breaks the StoreID functionality.
I have tested in the last couple weeks more then one site with a custom
StoreID helper and it seems that since squid recreates the object
HASH\STOREID it makes the StoreID helper decision useless.

I was considering the options to solve the issue in the past but nothing
has been done until now.
Alex mentioned the option to Give ICAP the option to return a StoreID
based on the response from the service.
I can see couple issues with this approach since on any ICAP response
for a RESPMOD the body part is important and an integral part of the answer.

So even if someone claims to cache some sites with StoreID some sites
cannot be de-duplicated using StoreID until some patches will be applied
to squid.

Eliezer