[squid-users] Externel IP & ports

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Oct 16 04:55:24 UTC 2015

On 16/10/2015 5:25 p.m., Filip Maroul wrote:
> Hello,
> I run squid on network 192.168.6.0/24
> I want open webmin on my server via openvpn on port 10000 but squid is
> blocking connection. I was try add acl Safe_ports port 10000 but this
> didn't work.

Ports 1025-65535 are all open in Safe_ports by default. That should not
be needed.

> Same as GTK app. openweather this app couldn't connect here is the log
> entry:
> 192.168.6.8 TCP_MISS/401 398 GET
> http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/weather? - HIER_DIRECT/
> 188.226.175.223 test/plain

401 is the upstream origin server requiring authentication credentials
from the client.

Port 10000 is not involved with that transaction, and the Squid parts of
the transaction are working perfectly as far as that line is showing.